Landscape Maintenance Crew Leader
Job Number: SM - 003
Posted on Apr 04, 2018
We are seeking an experienced landscaper to fill the position of Landscape Maintenance Crew Leader
The Landscape Maintenance Foreman is responsible for performing a variety of work tasks in order to manage the timely completion of grounds maintenance service contracts. The Landscape Maintenance Foreman will be required to supervise a crew of labourers and operate a variety of tools and equipment.
- Plan and manage the loading/unloading of trucks and trailers in the AM and PM including all daily labourers, equipment and materials required to complete daily tasks.
- Be aware and suggest areas of improvement outside contract for all clients serviced.
- Cut grass, trim edges, clean up refuse, blow trimmings, fertilize and water turf areas and perform other lawn care duties.
- Spray and dust areas to control insects and/or weeds.
- Good working knowledge of landscape construction materials and techniques, including: natural stone, retaining walls, grading, sodding, planting etc.
- Operate power equipment including, but not limited to, lawn tractors, lawn mowers, line trimmers, blowers, hedge trimmers, pruning saws, sod cutters, chain saws, and snow blowers etc.
- Supervise the work of crew members to ensure proper safety, quality and productivity
- Inspect all work for quality to eliminate the need for return visits and/or re-work due to quality or customer satisfaction issues
- Train crew members on proper and safe job methods
- Conduct daily inspections and maintenance on vehicles, tools, and equipment
- Assist in other job-related duties including construction projects, shop and yard maintenance, vehicle and equipment maintenance
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on a daily basis, including daily time tracking for crew members, equipment daily inspection forms, requests for time off, etc.
- Monitor estimate vs actual to assist in the management of costs for assigned clients
- Maintain and enforce standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, jobsites, and shop/yard areas
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, and that all crew members are in compliance with government and company standards
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
- Work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations
- Communicate with customers in a polite and courteous manner
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment and materials
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a daily basis
- Ability to walk, stand, crouch for long period for time and carry out strenuous physical tasks
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, cold, rain, snow, dust and noise
- Flexible working hours including occasional weekend work
- Minimum High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the landscape/grounds maintenance industry
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective communication skills – must be able to carry out verbal and written instructions, complete daily reports to/with office and customers
- Time management skills
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision and as part of a team.
- Valid G Class driver’s license and clean driving abstract
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction practices.
- Ability to perform snow clearing/snow removal duties an asset and potential for winter work available
- Experience with skid steer loaders, excavators, compaction equipment etc. an asset
Please apply via Landscape.jobs or contact our office at (289) 521-5569
Apr 09, 2018