Job Number: 1
Posted on Mar 26, 2018
Over 30 years ago Boardwalk Rental Communities began with a clear Mission, to provide Resident Members with quality rental communities, a vision for the future and a commitment to five core values. These Mission, Vision and Values, coupled with Boardwalks Golden Foundation, have helped to create a team of Associates who are committed to building better communities. Whether it is a local Community or a global one, Boardwalk Associates approach it with the same foundation and aim to build and strengthen it.
At Boardwalk Rental Communities, we strive to become your Employer of Choice. We are committed to engaging our Associates through mutual respect, trust and honesty as well as following our Golden Foundation which is to Treat others as you would like to be treated", Be Good, Love Community and Have Fun.
We believe that we are providing our Associates with a workplace that they can call home; a place where coming to work isnt a chore. We continually look for new and innovative ways to engage our Associates not only in their day-to-day work, but also ways to get involved in the Community and provide opportunities to give back.
Boardwalk is seeking individuals who have a positive attitude, are energetic and as passionate as we are in building communities and serving our Resident Members. You must be self-driven, productive and have the capacity to deliver high-quality results. Working within a team is essential to your success at Boardwalk.
Landscaping Associate Level 2 (Bobcat Operator)
- Ensure the health, comfort and safety of our Customers
- Ensure daily communication with all site Associates
- Ensure site cleanliness, by picking up all garbage including pet waste around the site and assisting at other sites as required
- Remove heavy furniture, garbage and appliances from suites and around site as required
- Complete Customer Requests For Maintenance (CRFMs) as required
- Snow and ice removal, sanding and salting, completion of snow and ice removal logs
- Lawns; cut, trimmed, watered, edged, and free of weeds
- Applying weed killer and fertilizer as required
- Ensure all trees, hedges, and flowerbeds are free of weeds and trimmed and dead trees are removed
- Removal of flower beds and shrubs that are unsightly or not possible to maintain effectively
- Parking lots: sweep, wash, lines and keep all catch basins clear of foreign debris
- Fences: repaired and/or stained as necessary
- Building exterior: eves cleared, siding, lights working, signage clean and visible
- Spring clean-up: hazard line painting, irrigation start-up, power washing, planting, filling potholes, etc. as determined by the spring landscaping plan
- Fall clean-up: leaf removal, close off (blow out) irrigation; winterize gardens and beds, trees trimmed, etc.
- Painting halls, suites, parkades & other areas as assigned by the Area Coordinator
- Ensure contractors arrive as per scheduled timelines and complete their work as per the conditions of contract
- Ensure proper and accurate inventory management
- Complete other tasks assigned by the Area Coordinator
- Flexible on-call hours required between the hours of 6 am through 9 pm (including weekends)
- Provide training on the proper operation and maintenance of all landscaping equipment, specifically Bobcats and heavy equipment (tractors, sweepers, small and large bobcats)
- Ability to operate the Bobcat and also perform regular maintenance and tune-ups to the bobcat and attachments
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- 2 years Landscaping Service experience preferred
- Minor mechanical experience an asset
- Professional training and experience with landscaping equipment (example: Bobcats)
- Working knowledge of English both verbal and written
- Drivers license & own vehicle required
- Ability to operate a Bobcat and train others to do so in a safe manner
- Ability to operate smaller equipment including sweepers, lawn mowers, snow blowers and small tractors
- Familiarity with computer tablets is an asset
- Strong commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Dedicated to building better communities for all our Customers and surrounding communities
- Ability to take responsibility for all actions and decisions and to follow through
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
- Strong planning and organizational skills coupled with ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to work independently (self managed) and with other Associates in a team environment
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to change and be flexible in nature
- Displays a high level of initiative and commitment to success (striving toward Boardwalks mission statement)
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, enthusiasm and assertiveness
- Ability to spend up to eight hours walking, standing, climbing stairs, lifting
- Ability to maneuver up to 90kg with the proper equipment
- Driver's License
- Own Vehicle
- Clear Driver's Abstract
Please submit your resume:
4074 Breck Avenue
By Fax: 866-851-6995
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank you in advance for your inquiry. Only those candidates who are being considered will be contacted. Offers of employment will be contingent on satisfactory security background checks, reference checks, and pre-employment medical exams, where applicable.
At Boardwalk Rental Communities, we believe in providing our Associates with a workplace they can call home; a place where coming to work isnt a chore. We continually look for new and innovative ways to engage our Associates in their day-to-day work. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to respecting the dignity and worth of every individual in our organization.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, profit-sharing and competitive wages to our Associates. We are passionate about community and will provide our Associates the opportunity to contribute and make a difference in their communities.
Boardwalk Rental Communities offers support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into consideration the applicant's accessibility needs. Applicants who require accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com .
Boardwalk Rental Communities
Mar 26, 2018