Job Number: 18-401
Posted on Mar 01, 2018
If you are not sure of what is required by a foreman in a landscape related business, you might not be ready for this position. We reuire a minimum of 5 years of experience in an irrigation related capacity for you to start the interview process. You might have most of this experience in a hardscape or maintenance capacity, but should also be familiar with the layout, benefits, and basic working of a sprinkler system. The important part of the job is how everything is when we leave, clean site, happy client, functioning irrigation.
You are required to:
- be phyically fit, able to lift more than myself.
- be able to work independantly and as a team in a positive atmosphere. You will have to do physical work as part of the job. You may be alone, with a partner or a crew. Your positive leadership sets the tone for everyone around you, clients and crew.
- be self-motivating. There are daily service targets to be met, acheived only by a motivated individual.
- work for the customer. Their satisfaction is upmost important and we must pay attention to detail. A delighted client doesn't require return trips, pays their bill and refers our services to more new clients. We prefer delighted clients.
- be drug and alcohol free during business hours. Smoking is not permitted in the work place or on customers' properties
- possess a valid, full 'G' licence with a clean record (Abstract required)
- work until at least 6:30pm Monday to Friday, 50+hours per week. Some Saturdays and/or holiday Mondays may be required to accommodate weather interruptions
- be able to use and follow Google Maps directions
- be able to follow and give clear, written and verbal instruction to provide required service
- read weather forecasts and radar as required to determine effects on daily schedule
Aside from your regular day-to-day irrigation services, your daily routine will also include:
- cleaning and stocking service vehicles
- inspect vehicle and complete documentation daily
- examine and follow routing as established by JOBBER.
- use JOBBER to complete job sheet, clock in/out and create invoice for each site visited.
- greet customer and liaise to access system in a professional manner.
- working efficiently to complete the job quickly and expertly, always thinking 3 steps ahead
- working safely using provided PPE such as pylons, safety vests, eye protection, etc.
OTHER SKILLS, TRAITS, ASSETS
Having any, or preferably, all of these, would be beneficial
- Again, you must have physically and mental endurance with high motivation. This can not be stressed enough.
- Prior experience with vibratory plows, trenchers and boring devices.
- IA certifications or LO training
- experience with interlocking stone, sodding, planting, grading, landscape lighting will carry merit
- Problem-solving skills are handy in this field. Being able to find solutions to simple problems can make or break the success of your day.
- You should have a reliable vehicle. Public transportation is not available at company shop.
Wage is based on experience and performance upon completion of probation. Incentive bonuses are provided based upon productivity targets.
Email your resume to email@example.com Please include a list of companies you have worked with as a reference.
Apr 15, 2018