Landscape Design Assistant
Job Number: 2018
Posted on Jan 12, 2018
Sipkens Nurseries has an opening for a full time, experienced LANDSCAPE DESIGN ASSISTANT
The Landscape Design Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Landscape Manager with the creation of drawings with specifications and detailed descriptions for landscaped environments including installation of plants, flowers, trees, shrubs; and construction of structural hardscape elements, grading and drainage.
The candidate will be responsible for creating plans that provide creative solutions to the site’s issues and the clients’ needs.
As well as assisting the Landscape Manager with the following:
- Site assessment- from exposure of neighbouring features to existing surveys.
- Plan and coordinate the growth and use of plants for landscaping, ornamental use and other purposes;
- Create project estimates and maintain budgets;
- Build model concept plans with budgets for client/project team review;
- Compile data and perform design computations;
- Survey and assess sites, prepare drawings, sketches and reports; and perform other duties in designing landscaped environments. Source material and approve substitutions;
- Comply with required Health & Safety regulations and standards, building permits, tree bylaws, etc.
- Work alongside Landscape Designer in regards to scheduling, daily tasks, and future jobs
- Assist with drawing blueprints of job sites using DynaSCAPE and other computer programs
- Converse with customers in regards to their questions, concerns, or complaints in a courteous and helpful manner; inform them of proper maintenance procedures and plant care or refer to designer
- Some clerical duties including scheduling, invoicing, and other duties as per management
- Post-Secondary school education in landscape design, horticultural technician OR related training/experience an asset
- Valid driver's licence and clean abstract required
- Knowledge of landscape and construction techniques, practices and terminology
- Expert level skills in DynaSCAPE or relevant design programs an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are required as well as a friendly, customer-oriented disposition
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instruction and interpret plans
- Skilled with trade calculations and numeracy
- Ability to perform multiple job tasks to meet various project deadlines
What We Offer:
Job Type: Full-time, seasonal with the opportunity for year round
Wage: $20/ to $25/hr; negotiable depending on experience
Benefits: excellent benefits available
Our friendly and inviting atmosphere will make your work experience a unique and welcoming adventure. If you feel you meet our criteria, and are ready to work alongside a fun and hardworking team, please apply in person today!
Serious candidates MUST apply in person to fill out an application, unless from out of town, whereas email will suffice.
Please hand resumes in to:
3261 London Line
Apr 15, 2019