Job Number: 1
| Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
| Posted on Jul 02, 2019
If you are looking to enter a new exciting industry that has many long-term opportunities, Bold Growth Inc. could be the place for you. Bold Growth requires an energetic, motivated and career-minded Assistant Grower, to be responsible for the performance of specialized horticultural duties involved in the planning, preparation, oversight and maintenance of plant production.
The Assistant Grower will report to and work closely with the Head Grower to effectively manage, plan, and implement all activities of plant growth from Mother plant management, cloning, and flowering to the harvest process. The Assistant Grower must maintain excellent personal hygiene, workspace cleanliness, and quality control measures to ensure high quality product in accordance with Health Canada and Bold Growth standards.
- Determine irrigation frequency, duration and nutrient selection based on observation and production schedule.
- Perform regular scheduled water, nutrient and soil tests regarding EC and PH along with recording all results and submitting them to the Head Grower on a weekly basis or as needed.
- Monitor pests and disease in order to provide reports as requested by the Head Grower.
- Apply biologicals as predetermined by the Head Grower
- Maintain high sanitation protocols within all grow rooms, and all equipment being used within the growing process, on a daily basis.
- Keep daily logs on all growing activity.
- Maintain and manage all Mother room growing requirements, along with the process of producing quality clones for sticking and transplanting on a predetermined schedule.
- Report any issues with irrigation, environment, crop health, and equipment to proper authority.
- Monitor inventory levels on all growing material along with tools needed and report any requirements prior to any short comings.
- Ensure compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Production Practices (GPP).
- Any other duties that may be assigned by Head Grower when required.
Experience and Requirements
- Previous horticulture growing experience preferred.
- Post secondary degree or diploma in related field preferred.
- Must have a high level of initiative with the ability to work independently.
- Fulltime, year-round position. Will require weekend work based on a predetermined schedule.
- Proficiencies in the use of computer systems is required as computer applications are used throughout the facility.
- Effectiveness in safety and productivity.
- Strong communication, leadership, integration, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to participate in continuous improvement processes.
- Good observation skills.
- Results-oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and time lines.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Possess a valid driver's license and access to a vehicle.
- First Aid skills and/or certificates are considered assets.
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Detail oriented.
- Have strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
Conditions of Employment
- Physical ability to lift up to 50lb.
- Safety equipment and appropriate clothing will be required.
- Available to work full time with flexibility. Hours are dependent on crop needs on a daily basis. You may need to stay later than scheduled with little or no notice.
- Hazards associated with the trade.
- Ability to work long hours in fluctuating indoor/outdoor temperatures & conditions.
- No smoking during scheduled hours.
- Must maintain good standard of personal hygiene.
- Ability to follow all policies and procedures.
Must be able to meet required security clearance such as background checks, police clearance and Health Canada Security Clearance.
Jul 03, 2019